A juicer is a machine that is used to extract juices from fruits, vegetables and leafy greens. These machines work by squeezing fruits and vegetables to extract the juice. As a result, they produce juices that are full of nutrients as compared to those you buy from the shop.
They are very convenient because they allow you to prepare your favorite juices anytime you want. However, finding a good juicer can be very challenging due to the various options available on the market. To make your work easier, ECD India has provided a list of some of the things you should consider when searching for the best juicer.
- Purpose – You need to choose a juicer that matches the type of ingredients you want to juice because some are only suitable for juicing specific fruits or vegetables. For example, citrus juicers are the best for oranges while centrifugal juicers are the best for fruits and hard vegetables. On the other hand, masticating or cold press juicers are the best for leafy greens and fruits.
- Design – Juicers come with different features which determines the overall design. Some have a vertical design while others have horizontal design. Therefore, you need to ensure that you have enough space for the machine. It is also important to choose a unit that matches with the design of your kitchen countertop.
- User-friendly – Another thing you need to know is that not all juicers are easy to use. Therefore, you need to ensure that you clearly understand how each part works before buying. In case you have never used these appliances before, you should ensure that the one you have picked comes with an easy to understand user manual.
- Price – In case you are searching for a high-quality juicer, you should be ready to invest more. Again, expensive models are more durable than cheaper ones. Masticating juicers are the most expensive but they provide the best performance.
- Speed – The speed in which these machines produces varies from one machine to the other and it is normally determined in RPM or Revolutions Per Minute. The lower the speed the higher the quality of juice produced. Masticating juicers come with different speeds which vary from 40 RPM to 160 RPM while centrifugal juicers have a speed of between 3000 RPM to 16000 RPM. You should also note that juicers with a high RPM consume more electricity.
- Cleaning – Juicing can be a very messy activity which means that you need to ensure that the machine is very easy to clean. When buying, you need to ensure that the parts are dishwasher safe.
- Size of the feeding tube – A juicer with a wide feeding tube saves your time during preparation since you don’t need to cut the fruits or vegetables into smaller pieces.
- Yield amount – Masticating juicers extracts higher yields as compared to the centrifugal juices due to their slow operation. This means that they extract maximum juice from the pulp. As a result, they provide juices with more nutrients.
- Juice container – Some juicers comes with a juice container which matches the spout. This helps to prevent splashes when juicing. Such juicers are good because the juicing process can be messy without a container.
- Customer reviews – It is important to check what customers are saying about the model before you invest your money. Compare both the positive and negative reviews to determine the one that suits you most. If you want to get the best value for your money, you should consider a model with the highest rating and customer reviews.
- Length of the cord – A long cord enhances flexibility and portability. This means that your juicer should come with a long cord with a measurement of at least 4 feet.
- Noise – You don’t need a model that makes a lot of noise during the juicing process. If you are searching for a quieter model, masticating juicers are the best. Centrifugal juicers are very noisy because they have a higher RPM.
- Juicer type – There are different types of juicing machines and knowing their differences will help you to choose the best type.
Top Selling Juicers in America
These juicers are also known as cold press juicers or slow juicers. In terms of quality, these ones are the best. They normally use an auger to squeeze and chew the ingredients to extract juices from the fruits and vegetables. They normally mimic the chewing process of human beings. They are a bit slow but they provide the healthiest juice as compared to other juicers. Apart from juicing vegetables and fruits, these juicers are also suitable for juicing herbs, wheat grass and other greens.
Benefits of masticating juicers
- The juice contains more nutrients
- Quieter operation
- User-friendly and easy to clean
- Suitable for juicing different ingredients
- Very advanced
- They are slow
Centrifugal juicers are the most common due to their affordable price. They also have a wide feeding tube which means that there is no need to cut the fruits or vegetables into small pieces. In terms of speed, centrifugal juicers are the fastest. They are also noisy as compared to the masticating juicers. Due to the high spinning speed, they cause the juice to oxidize quickly which means that you should drink the juice immediately if you want to get maximum nutrients.
Benefits of centrifugal juicers
- They are easy to use
- Time saving due to the wide feeding tube
- Very fast
- Most of them come with a separate pulp container
- They are noisy
- Cause the juice to oxidize
Juicers have become very popular today and if you are not careful, you can end up buying a low quality model. Since we do not want you to spend your money on the wrong product, we decided to compile this guide for you to make your work easier when comparing various models. It is our hope that after reading this article you can be able to differentiate a high quality and a low quality juicer.